The Six Step Program
With over 30 years’ experience in HGV & LGV Driver training we are confident in our easy and stress-free approach to helping you gain your licence. If you’re a complete beginner, our SIX STEP PROGRAM is our way of guiding you through the process from start to finish. If you already have your provisional licence and have passed your theory and hazard test, you can skip to step 4.
- STEP 1 – GET INFORMED This step is all about giving you as much relevant information you need in order to understand the process of getting your LGV licence. This includes a phone call to establish your needs before receiving our starter pack in the post. This pack will include some more information about Atlas LGV Training and our courses, all relevant forms and some useful leaflets and brochures. It is at this stage that we can also book you in for your taster session.
- STEP 2 – GET YOUR PROVISIONAL LICENSE At this step we can point you in the right direction for your medical examination, answer any questions you might have about filling in the forms and assist you in booking your theory test. Once you have taken your theory test and have your provisional licence you are ready for step 3.
- STEP 3 – ASSESS THE SITUATION Once you have your provisional licence and have passed your theory and hazard test we will arrange a 1 hour assessment lesson at your convenience. It’s at this stage we establish how many hours you will need and an approximate cost for your course.
- STEP 4 – THE LESSONS Once you have completed your assessment and have passed your theory and hazard test you are ready to begin your lessons. We will book your lessons in a way which is tailored to your needs in our Cat C or Cat C+E or Cat C1 or C1+E vehicles.
- STEP 5 – TEST TIME Once you have completed your allotted hours of training and our experienced instructors believe you are ready, we will book your test at a local centre. On test day we will drive you to the test centre in our vehicle and we will wait for you during the test and drive you back to our HGV Driving Centre afterwards. This is to make sure you are as relaxed and prepared as possible when taking your test.
- STEP 6 – CPC QUALIFIED Now you have your Cat C or Cat C+E or Cat C1 or C1+E licence you need need to complete your Drivers CPC Initial Qualification. This is required for anyone driving HGV vehicles for hire and reward (payment). If you are under 21 years of age you MUST complete this qualification whatever the reason you are driving for.
We make this process as easy as possible by guiding you through step by step… CLICK HERE for more information on our CPC guidance.
We are with you every step of the way and make a promise to be there for whatever you need while training for your HGV and LGV Licence.